Having your own vehicle while staying in the UAE is a must for most people. Public transport system in the country is reliable but routes covered are quite limited. Taxis, on the other hand, are a more expensive options and won’t give you the privacy you need.
Getting The Best Prices – Car Hire in UAE
With millions of tourists that come all year, the car rental market in the UAE has been a competitive sector. It’s easy to find economy car rental deals if you know your way around.
- Booking – High season goes from November to March while low season is from April to October. It would be best to book 3 to 6 months before your trip. The price of rentals gets cheaper during non-peak seasons.
- Gas Prices – Petrol is pretty much affordable throughout the Emirates, making car rental a smarter way to travel. The average value of fuel per liter can range from AED 2.24 to 2.41 under normal market conditions.
- Prepay Online – Special rates are offered for pre-paying customers and those who commit to pay upon pick-up. Discounts can go as high as 30 percent if you pre-pay. An AUDI A8 with a standard daily rate of AED 1,200 can drop down to AED 1,080 per day.
- Rent Longer – Base rates are lower for long-term rentals. This makes rental costs almost similar, if not cheaper, to public transport costs. Consider a leasing plan if you will be using a car for an extended amount of time.
Helpful Tips When Booking A Rental
When booking, check the car rental company’s operating policies. Pay close attention to deposits, mileage limitations, insurance charges, penalties and other fees. It would also help to remember the following:
- Finalize the number of people who will join the trip. Pick a vehicle that offers comfortable seating for everyone.
- List down everything you are planning to take from suitcases to child car seats. Check the total cargo capacity of your desired vehicle to make sure your items fit.
- If you want to save on fuel costs, research the fuel economy rate of the vehicle you are planning on renting. Hybrids offer the best gas mileage, in general.
- Need a certain feature such as a GPS system? Read the car description found on the rental company’s website or contact support to check for availability.
The UAE law mandates that one should be 21 years old or older in order to rent a car. Documents for tourists include passport, visit visa, home country driving license, and international driving permit.
Residents of countries listed among the GCC (Gulf Cooperation Council) can drive using their home country license. If not, you need to secure an International Driving Permit.
For the best rental cars and deals, talk to our experts at EuroStar Cars for Rent in UAE. Weoffer a hassle-free rental experience. You can book luxurious models such as Porsche, Audi, Volkswagen, and more at the most affordable rates! Call us at 600 – 587004 or 600 – 587005, or book online.